Wayne Art Center Policies
- Wayne Art Center is member supported; membership is required to enroll in a class.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
- Memberships run annually from September 1 – August 31.
- Wayne Art Center members receive a special rate on all workshops, and priority enrollment of special events.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program or activity due to insufficient enrollment, faculty availability, or any other unforeseen circumstance.
- If Wayne Art Center cancels a class or workshop, tuition payment will be refunded in full to the student.
- No adjustments will be made for student absences. Refunds, credits, and makeup classes cannot be issued for classes missed because of illness, personal emergencies, or any other event beyond Wayne Art Center’s control.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to substitute instructors as needed. Class cancellations due to a teacher’s absence or weather will have a make-up class scheduled.
- Workshop enrollment cancelled 30 or more days before the workshop start date will be credited to the student’s account minus a 20% administration fee. Account credits must be used within 12-months.
- No refunds or credits will be issued if the workshop registration is cancelled within 30 days of the workshop start date.
- Culinary workshops:
- A lot of planning, and shopping takes place before one of our culinary workshops. Because of this, culinary workshop tuition is non-refundable.
- Although we will make every effort to accommodate food allergies, depending on the specific menu and allergy it may not be possible. Menus are listed in the class descriptions. Please inform the chef of any food allergies at least ten (10) days before the class. No accommodation can be made the day of class.
- Class registration cancelled 2 weeks or more before the start date of the class will be refunded to the students account, minus a 20% administration fee. Account credits must be used within 12 months.
- No refunds or credits will be given to student cancellations within 2 weeks of the start date of the class.
- Class transfers must occur before the second class and are subject to a $50 transfer fee and approval by both instructors.
- Once the second class begins, no transfers will be accepted.
All withdrawals and transfer requests must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission to Photograph
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to photograph any work, class, student, or event, and to reproduce the images without incurring any obligations.
Wayne Art Center is not responsible for any injury, loss, or illness resulting from the use of Wayne Art Center’s services and premises. All students accept full responsibility for personal injury/or personal losses.
Summer Art Camp
- All classes offered require a minimum enrollment. If your child’s class is cancelled, you will be contacted and offered another class option when possible. If no other option is available, we will issue a refund for any classes cancelled by WAC.
- Withdrawals made a minimum of ten (10) days BEFORE the start of camp will be issued a CREDIT to the account, minus a 20% administrative fee.
- No credits will be given if camper cancels within 10 days of the first meeting, or after class begins.
- Credits cannot be issued for classes missed due to illness, vacation, personal emergencies, or any other event beyond Wayne Art Center’s control.
- Each child enrolled in Summer Art Camp is required to submit a completed medical and emergency form before coming to camp. Students who have not completed the medical emergency form will not be permitted in the studios.
- Families are responsible for informing the staff of any health or behavioral issues a minimum of 10 days before the camp session begins.
For more camp policy details please visit wayneart.org/camp/policies
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Code of Conduct
Wayne Art Center strives to provide a supportive, and safe educational environment for the students. To support our goals, we have adopted a Code of Conduct to be adhered to by all members, students, faculty, and visitors of Wayne Art Center. Wayne Art Center reserves the right to remove any person deemed to be in violation of the Code of Conduct at any time without incurring obligations.
Any behavior or conduct that is disruptive to a Wayne Art Center program, exhibit, or event will not be tolerated. This includes any behavior or conduct that threatens the safety or comfort of any person in or on the property of Wayne Art Center, including members, students, employees, faculty, staff, and visitors; is a danger to themselves or others and/or interferes with Wayne Art Center’s ability to support its core mission, including classes, workshops, exhibitions, private lessons, and special events.
Wayne Art Center has the right to determine if a behavior or conduct is in violation of the Code of Conduct.
Weather Related Closures
- In the event of a closure due to inclement weather, an announcement will be posted on the home page of our website. You can also sign up for text alerts. To sign up for text alerts please go to the ‘Follow Us’ section of the home page.
- Gift certificates are available and are not redeemable for cash. Gift Certificates are redeemable for classes and workshops.
Ceramic Open Studio
- Ceramic Open Studio is open to registration for Wayne Art Center members, currently enrolled in class who would like extra time to complete class projects.
- Ceramic Open studio is not for completing work from home or another studio.
- Please refer to the Ceramic Studio Guidelines for materials use and firing information.
- Open studio’s tuition is not transferrable and not refundable.
WAC reserves the right to adjust these guidelines while considering the recommendation of local, state, and federal health and safety agencies.